If you are like the rest of the general populace in developing countries, you probably have at least one, if not more, unused cell phones collecting dust in your home. Have you ever considered the fact that charities can benefit from your old cell phones? They can even, in some cases, still put those antiquated flip phones to good use. If you have excess cell phones at your disposal, please continue reading to learn how you can make a difference by donating them.
At Izengate you will find some of the best cell phones on the market. This might be just the right place for you to visit so that you can prepare to make a cell phone donation to a charity that needs your assistance. So, whether you are considering an Apple, Samsung, or LG, you can get your phone at Izengate and then donate your old ones to the charities we will reveal shortly.
Charities that Need Your Phones
There are charities that need your phones so why keep hoarding them? Seriously, go get all the excess, non-functioning, no longer connected, cell phones in your home and then determine which of these charities will best appreciate your cell phone donations. You might want to consider the type of charity so that it aligns with your personal helping goals. So, here they are:
- Cell Phones for Soldiers- If military personnel are at the forefront of your charitable giving desires, this is the organization for you. Each donated phone gets recycled or resold and buys one hour of talk time for soldiers. Soldiers don’t get a lot of time to talk to their loved ones, they are busy defending the country. Therefore, this is a very positive way of bringing a smile to a soldier’s face. You can learn about this important organization by clicking this link.
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence– They too will recycle or resell the phones you donate. Their mission is to help end domestic violence. No one should ever be subjected to physical or emotional violence. Help the NCADV fight that trend by offering up your old phones. Take the time to learn more.
- NASCAR’s Recycle for Victory– NASCAR fans finally have a charitable organization that makes sense to support. The moneys gained from donated phones help fund Victory Junction Gang Camp, which is a NASCAR themed camp for kids with serious illnesses and/or chronic medical conditions. Help these sick kids go to camp! Visit this site.
- Flipswap- If you are not sure whether or not the above-mentioned charities are the ones for you, this may be a good answer. Although you could potentially make money for yourself by utilizing their services, we recommend you pick a charity of your choice from their list so that the money gets used for far more important things than a cheeseburger.
- American Cell Phone Drive– This organization offers another method of determining somewhere that needs your assistance. You can contact them to discover what local entities are utilizing cell phone collections as a means of funding their projects. Not only will you be able to tell who needs the phones in your locale, but they will also tell you where you can drop the phones off for those companies.
You can learn about other ways to donate your cell phone right here.